Toddler dies of smoke inhalation during San Juan County house fire

L-R - Adonijah Foster and his father Enoch Foster, Rockland Ranch, San Juan County, Utah, date unspecified | Photo courtesy of the Foster family/GoFundMe, St. George News

ST. GEORGE – A two-year-old boy died from smoke inhalation during a house fire at the Rockland Ranch in San Juan County Saturday, authorities said.

Adonijah Foster was napping in a bedroom when the incident occurred, according to a press release issued Wednesday by the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office.

“Family members were able to locate and remove Adonijah from the house and began CPR until Deputies and EMS arrived,” the release states. “However, Adonijah was pronounced dead at the scene.”

Two other family members were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and were released the same day.

According to InTouch Weekly, the Fostor family was featured on the TLC program earlier this year called “Three Wives, One Husband,” that explores the lives of polygamist families.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to aid the family with funeral and medical costs, as well as costs associated with home repairs and replacing belongings lost in the fire. The family doesn’t have homeowner’s insurance, according to the GoFundMe page.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the page has raised over $40,100 of its $50,000 goal.

The Rockland Ranch is located south of Moab.

Ed. note: When making charitable contributions it is advisable to consult with professionals for tax advice and investment risks.

Email: mkessler@stgnews.com

Twitter: @MoriKessler

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2018, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Posted in Local, NewsTagged , , , ,

5 Comments

  • mmsandie April 19, 2018 at 8:48 am

    Why didn’t they have Insurance? If they were featured in tv I,m sure they got paid.. why weren,t they working? Or living off the govt as usual…when things happen now everyone jumps to go fund me. Actt.. I know people who set up the acct and th8ngs aren,t real they use it for themselves or trips etc.. there are a lot of sympathetic people in Utah and the6 give to everything or everyone. But be careful.. know wh5 your giving too..

  • Striker4 April 19, 2018 at 10:14 am

    take some spelling lessons

  • Larry April 19, 2018 at 11:04 am

    Let me guess….Again No Working Smoke Detectors in the home. Some Parents really do amaze me.

  • ladybugavenger April 19, 2018 at 11:42 am

    Check your smoke alarms. Go to Lowes and get the carbon monoxide and smoke alarm combo. You may it cost too much. But does it?

    RIP child. Prayers to the family

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.